Former NC State player found not guilty
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Former N.C. State basketball star Gavin Grant has been found not guilty on all charges linked to an attempted home invasion.
Grant was being tried for a robbery that police say happened in September, and involved Grant and another man.
Grant was charged with first degree burglary, assault with a deadly weapon, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, and conspiracy. A Wake County jury acquitted Grant of all charges Thursday.
The victim in the case was another former N.C. State basketball player, Domonique Rodgers.
Grant played for N.C. State from 2004 to 2008 and had a short stint in the NBA Development League with the Utah Flash.
wake county, nc state basketball, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75