Suspect in Charlotte murder connected to Triangle
CHARLOTTE (WTVD) -- New details were released Sunday that connected the suspect of a pregnant woman's murder in Charlotte to the Triangle-area.
Investigators said 22-year-old Mark Cox was charged with felony breaking and entering and larceny in Wake County in 2009.
He was also convicted of conspiracy to commit robbery in 2008 in Halifax County.
He was released in November after serving three years in prison.
Charlotte police believe Cox killed 25-year-old Danielle Watson.
Watson's body was found behind a dumpster early Saturday morning.
Investigators said Cox worked with Watson at The Flying Biscuit Café.
Police are still searching for the victim's car.
mecklenburg county, homicide, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 59 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 37 min ago
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 55 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 47 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 59 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Cool Kids: Molly Paul
14 min ago
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
32 min ago