Arrest made in North Raleigh robbery
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police have arrested 23-year-old Ronald Steven Earl Gaither in connection with a robbery and wreck that happened early Sunday morning at the intersection of Wallingford Drive and New Hope Road.
Gaither has been charged with one count each of first-degree burglary, common law robbery, and larceny of a motor vehicle.
The burglary and robbery charges are related to a home invasion that occurred around 5 a.m. Sunday on Wallingford Drive.
The larceny charge is related to the theft of a GMC Envoy that was involved in the wreck a short time after the crime.
Gaither turned himself in around 7 p.m. Monday. He was taken to the Wake County Jail.
Raleigh police said they were still investigating the details of Sunday morning's events which resulted in the death of 20-year-old Elezar Brache Herrera, of Raleigh. They have not said if there is a connection between the robbery and the homicide.
Police said Herrera, who was apparently acting as a good Samaritan, was fatally stabbed following an altercation that ensued after a SUV crashed in the 4900 block of New Hope Road.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the three incidents to contact Raleigh Crime Stoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, raleigh police, robbery, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival 12 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67 5 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg