Judge could determine if Cline should be removed
DURHAM (WTVD) -- There's a new push to get Durham District Attorney Tracey Cline removed from office.
Durham lawyer Kerry Sutton has filed an 11 page affidavit asking a judge to determine if Cline should be removed from her office. Sutton says ongoing attacks Cline has made against Judge Orlando Hudson are grounds for Cline to be removed.
Cline has denied any wrongdoing.
Over the past few months, Cline has made a number of allegations against Hudson, calling him dishonest and corrupt.
Experts say it is very rare for a D.A. to be removed.
So far, Cline has made no comment.
durham county, local/state, fred shropshire
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Family gets new home for holidays 12 min ago
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- Family gets new home for holidays
12 min ago
- Consumer Alert: Online dating scams
54 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help