Wake Co. man charged with child abuse
FUQUAY-VARINA, NC (WTVD) -- A Wake County man is charged with trying to kill his 7-month-old son.
Court documents allege 23-year-old Carlos Lamar Murray allowed the boy to become submerged in a bathtub to the point he inhaled water - and did nothing to help the baby even after he became unconscious.
Arrest warrants also say the child showed signs of physical abuse - including a bruise on the nose and eyes swollen shut - injuries that investigators say are consistent with shaken baby syndrome.
Murray is charged with two counts of felony child abuse and one count of attempted murder.
The alleged abuse occurred December 26 at the boy's mother's apartment in Fuquay-Varina. Murray has a Guerin Rd., Holly Springs address.
Murray was being held in the Wake County Jail with bond set at $1 million.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school 4 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham