Snow causes travel troubles nationwide
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- Wicked winter weather is causing travel troubles across much of the country and it's impacting people in the Triangle as well.
Winter weather warnings are posted from the Midwest to the Northeast. Airlines have been delaying or canceling flights because of the snowy weather.
Many travelers at RDU are affected by the weather. Some of them are passengers while others are friends and family members waiting for their loved ones to arrive.
In Seattle, 250,000 people were without power because of freezing rain. In Oregon, it's flood waters that are causing problems. Some areas saw up to 15 inches of rain.
In Chicago, more than 700 flights were canceled because of deep temperature drops and the winter wallop on the way.
So far, there have been two cancelations coming into RDU from Chicago and several flights are delayed.
Click here for the latest on delays and cancelations at RDU.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- State gives OK for possum drop celebration in NC 10 min ago
- San Francisco transit, union leaders reach deal
- Target offers apology discount this weekend
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 58 min ago
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help