Snow causes travel troubles nationwide
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- Wicked winter weather is causing travel troubles across much of the country and it's impacting people in the Triangle as well.
Winter weather warnings are posted from the Midwest to the Northeast. Airlines have been delaying or canceling flights because of the snowy weather.
Many travelers at RDU are affected by the weather. Some of them are passengers while others are friends and family members waiting for their loved ones to arrive.
In Seattle, 250,000 people were without power because of freezing rain. In Oregon, it's flood waters that are causing problems. Some areas saw up to 15 inches of rain.
In Chicago, more than 700 flights were canceled because of deep temperature drops and the winter wallop on the way.
So far, there have been two cancelations coming into RDU from Chicago and several flights are delayed.
Click here for the latest on delays and cancelations at RDU.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- Two cleared, others charged in murder
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- AP Source: Jordan changing team name to Hornets 23 min ago
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest count yet
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending