Former Carthage police chief, wife admit to embezzlement
CARTHAGE, N.C. (WTVD) -- The wife of the former Carthage police chief has admitted to stealing from her employer but does not face criminal charges.
A default judgment filed in civil court in Moore County says that Allison and Christopher McKenize embezzled more than $411,000 between 2005 and 2011.
The court papers say the pair was caught when a patient complained that she paid $2,000 for dental services but her receipt was for only $1,000. The court papers say Allison McKenize admitted to stealing money for several years.
When her husband was called to the office and confronted by the dentist, he too admitted to the crime and promised to pay the money back.
Christopher McKenize resigned as police chief last August.
No criminal charges have been filed.
moore county, local/state, gilbert baez
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help