Warrants detail items found in child pornography case
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police have released more information about the arrest of a man who often portrayed Santa Claus at local public events.
Seventy-year-old John Thomas Peters was arrested in January on child pornography charges. According to search warrants police found sex toys, condoms, ropes and KY Jelly inside the Cary man's car.
Peters is accused of having a sexually-charged conversation with a 15-year-old. That girl's mother worked with police to arrange a sting.
Officers arrested Peters when he showed up to meet the girl in Apex on Jan. 11.
wake county, local/state
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Residents told of arsenic in water 39 min ago
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg 20 min ago
- Driver trapped after hitting tractor trailer
- NC educators have new retirement savings option
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- Car smashes into concrete truck, blocks road
- High speed chase ends in crash, arrest
- Oakwood decision could have far reaching effects