No physical evidence links Young to murder
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The trial of Jason Young in the alleged 2006 murder of his wife Michelle took a turn into crime scene evidence Monday as an agent with the City-County Bureau of Identification took the witness stand.
Mike Galloway spoke of small bloody footprints found all over the second floor of the Young home and said there was no evidence anyone forced their way inside.
Michelle Young's sister Meredith Fisher found her lying in a pool of blood next to her bed the morning of Nov. 3, 2006. A medical examiner's report later said she had been beaten in the head some 30 times.
The Young's 2-year-old daughter was in the bed next to the body. Detectives said it appeared the killer left the child with the body for hours.
Prosecutors allege Jason returned from a business trip in Virginia in the middle of the night to kill his wife and then secretly returned to his hotel room in Hillsville.
Young maintains he never left the hotel.
Galloway testified he helped process the crime scene at the Young home and also travelled to look at Young's hotel room in Hillsville.
In the Young home, Galloway said he found a small amount of blood on a doorknob leading to the garage, dirt on one step nearby, and a tire impression in the grass.
An outside water spigot was running when officers and crime scene investigators arrived.
But none of the physical evidence Galloway collected directly shows Young left his hotel and returned to Raleigh - something defense attorney Mike Klinkosum pointed out in his opening statement.
"Not one drop of blood anywhere on him, in his vehicle, or in his room, in his hotel room and no transfer of hair or any fibers from his hotel room into the house," said Klinkosum.
It's not clear if Young plans to testify in his own defense. At his first trial, Young took the witness stand and admitted he and Michelle were having problems, but said he was working on his marriage and didn't kill his wife.
The trial is expected to last several more weeks.
jason young, michelle young, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help