Two Clayton banks burglarized overnight
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are investigating the burglary of two Clayton banks late Thursday and early Friday.
The first instance happened around 11:20 p.m. when police received an alarm call at the K&S Bank located in the 11000-block of Business U.S. Highway 70 West.
Officers found the front door's glass smashed when they arrived on the scene. A representative of the bank told police that probably no more than a few hundred dollars worth of coins had been stolen.
Surveillance video showed the suspect gaining entry by smashing the glass with a stone.
The suspect is described as a black male. He was wearing a black cap, a black and gold coat, black pants, black boots, a white t-shirt, and white knit gloves
Shortly after 8 a.m. Friday, police were called to investigate a similar break-in that occurred overnight at the Wells Fargo Bank located in the 1400-block of Executive Drive. A review of video surveillance there showed that the suspect gained entry by smashing the glass, but nothing was stolen.
The description of the suspect in that case is the same as with the K&S Bank case.
Police are continuing these investigations.
johnston county, bank robbery, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide 5 min ago
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash 37 min ago
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...
- Video: Critics call Georgia's new law the "guns...
- Lawmakers propose dumping Common Core