Small plane crashes at Fayetteville airport
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A small plane with two passengers on board crashed at the Fayetteville Regional Airport Friday afternoon.
The Mooney M20 single-engine plane (Tail number N118RZ) flipped several times while landing around 5:40 p.m. Witnesses said the plane appeared to clip a light pole and then came to rest in a grassy area.
At last report, the pilot, Dr. Nitin Desai, an internal medicine doctor, was in good condition at the hospital. A woman, believed to be Desai's wife, was also on board. She was treated and released.
There is still no officail word on what caused the accident. The FAA is investigating.
The plane has been declared a total loss.
cumberland county, plane crash, local/state, greg barnes
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash