Police discover two bodies at 'grisly' scene
ELM CITY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials are investigating the death of a man and a woman found Monday inside a house at the 3200 block of Corbett Ave. in Wilson County.
The house is located on the outskirts of Wilson, but has an Elm City postal address.
The sheriff's department said someone called about a missing person around noon on Monday.
When officials arrived, they found 43-year-old Charlene Jones Leake, of Wilson, and 61-year-old John Henry Little, who lived at the house, in a front room.
The sheriff's department said it was a double homicide and that the two were acquaintances.
Neighbor Johnny Batchelor called the circumstances strange for the area.
"There is a lot of crime in area, out and about, but in this area, you don't hear much about it," he said.
Officials called the scene "grisly" but did not give more details.
wilson county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches