Police seek information to solve Raleigh homicide
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are searching for two men they believe stabbed a good Samaritan who simply stopped to help at an accident scene.
The bizarre case happened last month. It started with a home invasion on Wallingford Drive and then a car wreck on New Hope Road followed by murder.
Twenty-year-old Eleazar Herrera stopped to help the people in a wrecked car Jan. 15 when he was fatally stabbed. Police say that vehicle was the getaway car for two robbery suspects who had broken into a home just moments before the crash.
What's even more unusual, police say the two robbery suspects in the car were not involved with the stabbing. In fact, they ran away after the wreck.
Herrera encountered two other unknown men at the car when a fight broke out and he was wounded. Now, the police and his family are asking for the public's help.
"It wouldn't bring Eleazar back. It would bring some peace to us, just for his memory to know that the person who did this. The person who did this doesn't know what they did,"said Manuel Herrera, the victim's brother.
Investigators say they're operating on few leads and really need eyewitnesses who may have seen people in the area before the car wreck happened to give them a call.
wake county, homicide, local/state
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 52 min ago
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville 28 min ago
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help