Man charged in Wilson Co. double murder
ELM CITY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Wilson County Sheriff Calvin Woodard Jr. said Wednesday his deputies have made an arrest in a grisly double murder on the outskirts of Wilson.
A man and a woman were found in a house in the 3200 block of Corbett Ave on Monday. They were identified as 43-year-old Charlene Jones Leake, of Wilson, and 61-year-old John Henry Little, who lived at the house.
Sheriff Woodard said 45-year-old Verna Lee Farmer - of Fleming St. NE in Wilson - is now charged with the deaths.
Woodard said Farmer was an acquaintance of Jones Leake's, but did not give more details.
ABC11 spoke to Jones Leake's mother Helen Jones who said Farmer and her daughter had briefly dated. She said Farmer became obsessed with Jones Leake and threatened to kill her if he found her with another man.
Helen Jones said investigators told her that her daughter and Little were shot execution style in the head. She said the victims were just friends.
Sheriff Woodward said at a news conference Wednesday that Farmer has confessed to the shootings.
Jones Leake was the mother of seven children.
wilson county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 16 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car 56 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2 44 min ago
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina 1 min ago
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help