Three children killed in house fire
JACKSONVILLE, NC (WTVD) -- Three children died early Thursday in an Onslow County house fire.
WCTI-TV spoke with witnesses who reported the blaze started just after 5 a.m. on Highway 17 on the outskirts of Jacksonville near the intersection with Old Maplehurst Road.
Samuel and Johnetta Pittman rented the home.
There were a total of nine people in the home - eight children and their mother, Johnetta. Samuel Pittman was at work at the time.
Officials said that 7-year-old Gabriel, 9-year-old Elijah and 12-year-old Tabitha died in the fire.
Johnathan, 4, was treated and released. Hanna, 10, was taken to the UNC Burn Center. Samantha, 16, and Adrianne and Gabrielle, both 14, were taken to New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Johnetta was also taken to UNC.
Two deputies responding to the fire were treated for smoke inhalation.
onslow county, fire, local/state, alina machado
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil 10 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- NCCU new head football coach named 4 min ago
- Camp director facing child porn charges 35 min ago
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 18 min ago
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy?
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC 56 min ago
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed 49 min ago
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder
- Man charged with attempted murder, arson
- NCCU new head football coach named
5 min ago
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil
2 min ago
- Camp director facing child porn charges
13 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help