Bicyclist rushed to ER after hit-and-run
ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fifty-four-year-old Michael Francis Gallagher, Jr., of Hillsborough, was cycling south on New Sharon Church Road in Orange County on Sunday when he was struck by a motor vehicle.
The vehicle did not stop.
The NC Highway Patrol said the bicyclist was taken to Duke Hospital with what may be a broken pelvis.
The type of the vehicle is not known, and troopers said Gallagher did not remember the accident and could not provide details.
Authorities said Gallagher's injuries were not life threatening and that the accident remains under investigation.
accident, nc highway patrol, orange county, local/state
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 33 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help