Former WTVD sports reporter dies
HIGH POINT, N.C. (WTVD) -- Former WTVD on-air personality Rich Brenner has passed away.
Brenner, who was a sports reporter for WTVD in the 1980s, died Monday night.
WGHP-TV reports Brenner was attending the American Red Cross' "Salute to Heroes" event in Greensboro Monday evening when he had a heart attack and collapsed.
He was then taken to Moses Cone Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Brenner was 65 years old.
The veteran sports anchor also worked in Portsmouth, Va., and Chicago before retiring from WGHP-TV in 2008 after 21 years.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide