Car slams into Raleigh apartment building
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- An incident that started as a hit and run led a driver to lose control and crash into a Raleigh apartment building Wednesday evening.
Police said the hit and run accident happened on Kyle Drive and Louisburg Road. They say the driver then went down Kyle Drive and lost control, hitting an apartment building on Bedell Street.
The driver jumped out of the car and ran away but police caught him.
No one in the apartment was hurt. An inspector will need to evaluate the integrity of the building's wall, however, before anyone can return to the apartment.
The vehicle in the first wreck flipped over.
The person who was inside suffered non-life threatening injuries.
wake county, local/state
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 54 min ago
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Senate Republicans move NC budget to House
- Raleigh names new interim city manager
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease
- Abaroa's marriage counselor takes stand
- Police investigate murder-suicide in Durham
- Cary 9 year old starts Oklahoma fundraiser