Bond reduced in case against Santa impersonator
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Bond was reduced Monday for a 70-year-old man who is charged with several child sex offenses.
John Peters, who is also known as "Santa John," had his bond lowered from $600,000 to $100,000.
If Peters gets out of jail, he will be put under house arrest with no access to computers and only supervised visits with his grandchildren.
Peters is accused of chatting with an Apex teenager online, asking her to pose for nude photos and sending her nude photos. Apex police said he was driving a red sports car with the personalized plate "SANTACAR" when he showed up for what he thought was a meeting with the girl in January. However, he was greeted by undercover officers who arrested him.
wake county, local/state
- Police: Teen had gunshot residue on hands 21 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban 58 min ago
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
- Newlyweds ordered to trial in Craigslist slaying
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help