Bond reduced in case against Santa impersonator
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Bond was reduced Monday for a 70-year-old man who is charged with several child sex offenses.
John Peters, who is also known as "Santa John," had his bond lowered from $600,000 to $100,000.
If Peters gets out of jail, he will be put under house arrest with no access to computers and only supervised visits with his grandchildren.
Peters is accused of chatting with an Apex teenager online, asking her to pose for nude photos and sending her nude photos. Apex police said he was driving a red sports car with the personalized plate "SANTACAR" when he showed up for what he thought was a meeting with the girl in January. However, he was greeted by undercover officers who arrested him.
wake county, local/state
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom 22 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Two dead in Durham shootings 26 min ago
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK 3 min ago
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death 7 min ago
- Army declares missing soldier Kelli Bordeaux dead
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storm 28 min ago
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial 9 min ago
- NC House Finance Chairman resigns, blames Tillis
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
9 min ago
- Money Saver: Summer camp savings
26 min ago
- Acquaintance describes Raven Abaroa after...
6 min ago