Bond reduced in case against Santa impersonator
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Bond was reduced Monday for a 70-year-old man who is charged with several child sex offenses.
John Peters, who is also known as "Santa John," had his bond lowered from $600,000 to $100,000.
If Peters gets out of jail, he will be put under house arrest with no access to computers and only supervised visits with his grandchildren.
Peters is accused of chatting with an Apex teenager online, asking her to pose for nude photos and sending her nude photos. Apex police said he was driving a red sports car with the personalized plate "SANTACAR" when he showed up for what he thought was a meeting with the girl in January. However, he was greeted by undercover officers who arrested him.
wake county, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...