Brush fire burns almost 20 acres near I-540
A brush fire engulfed almost 20 acres of land near I-540 Tuesday morning.
Chopper11 HD was over the blaze near Knightdale, as crews worked to get the fire under control. At one point, firefighters had trouble getting to the growing flames.
The fire burned about 20 acres near the Knightdale Boulevard exit off I-540. Two lanes of I-540 Eastbound had to be closed due to emergency vehicles on the shoulder.
No homes were ever in danger, however, a couple of small buildings or sheds in the middle of the field did burn.
It is unclear at this time how the fire started.
wake county, i540, fire, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes 54 min ago
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately 48 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son 33 min ago
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Police: 1 man, 1 woman died at South by Southwest