Man killed in overnight crash
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Hope Mills man is dead after an overnight crash.
It happened early Sunday morning, just after midnight.
Police say Peter Alan Thompson, 24, was traveling north on Lakewood Drive when he lost control of his 1997 Volkswagon, ran off the road to the left, over-corrected, and ran off the road to the right.
The vehicle overturned and Thompson was ejected. He died at the scene.
Investigators haven't said if speed or alcohol were factors in the crash.
- NAACP, students challenge education changes 59 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline 11 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos