Man killed in overnight crash
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Hope Mills man is dead after an overnight crash.
It happened early Sunday morning, just after midnight.
Police say Peter Alan Thompson, 24, was traveling north on Lakewood Drive when he lost control of his 1997 Volkswagon, ran off the road to the left, over-corrected, and ran off the road to the right.
The vehicle overturned and Thompson was ejected. He died at the scene.
Investigators haven't said if speed or alcohol were factors in the crash.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title 4 min ago
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide