Twin sister killed walking along highway
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- A Clayton family lost one of their twin daughters early Friday morning in an accident near the Wake County-Johnston County line.
It happened just before 3 a.m. along U.S. 70 at Guy Rd.
Click here for Google map
The Highway Patrol said 22-year-old Kasie Moore of Clayton was walking down the highway when she was hit by a SUV and killed.
Moore's twin sister Lindsey told ABC11 that she and Kasie were on their way home from a night out on the town in Raleigh when Kasie decided to get out of the car to walk home a few miles from their house.
Lindsey learned her sister was dead when authorities knocked on the door later in the morning.
"She had I feel like the biggest heart. She would do anything for anybody. She would put other people before herself and make sure other people were happy whether she was happy or not, and I use to never understand. I was like, 'Kasie, you have to make yourself happy too,' and she just, it was always somebody before herself, always," said Lindsey.
Kasie and her twin sister are well known in Clayton. They played softball at Clayton High School. After graduation in 2007, they went on to Peace College, where they also both played softball. The sisters had worked together ever since.
wake county, johnston county, accident, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help