Police impersonator sought in Johnston County
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Johnston County are looking for a man who impersonated a police officer and robbed a driver.
A motorist called 911 after he was pulled over on Interstate 40 near the Highway 210 exit Sunday around 9:30 p.m.
Neal Terry, of Granville County said he was traveling west on I-40 when a black Crown Victoria with flashing blue lights pulled him over.
Here is a transcript of Terry's call to 911:
Terry: "Yes ma'am, I just got robbed."
Terry: "I was robbed on the side of the highway. I was pulled by someone I thought was a police officer."
Terry: "I pulled over, his lights were flashing, looked like a police car, like a black unmarked Crown Vic. A guy, who I thought was a police officer, got out of the car, walked up to my truck."
Operator: "Did he have a uniform on?"
Terry: "I couldn't see a whole lot, he had a big flashlight, but he looked like a police officer and he shined his flashlight in my truck and told me 'license and registration.'"
Next, Terry said the impersonator told him not to reach for his wallet.
Terry: "He told me don't reach for it, get out of the truck."
Terry: "I got out of the truck and he told me to put my hands on the hood, still had his flashlight in my face. You know, and he went in my truck. I thought he was getting my license or whatever and registration out of my truck. He walked back to his car, got in and took off. He took everything I had in my wallet."
The suspect took $600 from Terry's vehicle.
No weapon was displayed during the incident.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
i40, johnston county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help