Police impersonator sought in Johnston County
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Johnston County are looking for a man who impersonated a police officer and robbed a driver.
A motorist called 911 after he was pulled over on Interstate 40 near the Highway 210 exit Sunday around 9:30 p.m.
Neal Terry, of Granville County said he was traveling west on I-40 when a black Crown Victoria with flashing blue lights pulled him over.
Here is a transcript of Terry's call to 911:
Terry: "Yes ma'am, I just got robbed."
Terry: "I was robbed on the side of the highway. I was pulled by someone I thought was a police officer."
Terry: "I pulled over, his lights were flashing, looked like a police car, like a black unmarked Crown Vic. A guy, who I thought was a police officer, got out of the car, walked up to my truck."
Operator: "Did he have a uniform on?"
Terry: "I couldn't see a whole lot, he had a big flashlight, but he looked like a police officer and he shined his flashlight in my truck and told me 'license and registration.'"
Next, Terry said the impersonator told him not to reach for his wallet.
Terry: "He told me don't reach for it, get out of the truck."
Terry: "I got out of the truck and he told me to put my hands on the hood, still had his flashlight in my face. You know, and he went in my truck. I thought he was getting my license or whatever and registration out of my truck. He walked back to his car, got in and took off. He took everything I had in my wallet."
The suspect took $600 from Terry's vehicle.
No weapon was displayed during the incident.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
i40, johnston county, local/state
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank