Mega Millions jackpot grows to $363 million
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Tuesday's Mega Millions will be the largest prize North Carolina lottery history. The jackpot stands at $363 million, but the estimated jackpot could be revised to a larger amount.
"Big jackpots are fun for our players, a boost to local businesses, and support education in our state," said Alice Garland, executive director of the N.C. Education Lottery. "We would love to have another jackpot winner but we always remind folks it takes a lot of luck to win a lottery prize, and to please play responsibly."
If won in North Carolina, the $363 million annuity would more than double the largest lottery prize awarded in state history. The North Carolina Education Lottery said the current record is held by Frank Griffin of Asheville who won a $141.4 million Powerball jackpot in February of 2010.
The $363 million jackpot is the third largest in the history of Mega Millions, and the fourth largest jackpot in U.S. history.
Tuesday's jackpot has a $259,800,000 cash value.
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills 42 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital 12 min ago
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham 26 min ago
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- NC photographer helps shelter dogs find a home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help