Police impersonators rob restaurant employee
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Men pretending to be police officers robbed an employee of a Church's Chicken in Fayetteville Monday night.
Investigators said the victim had just left the restaurant a little before 11 p.m. in her car when a blue Ford Crown Victoria came up behind her on Yadkin Road near the Santee Drive area with a blue light flashing on the dashboard.
Thinking she was being stopped by police, the woman stopped in the center turn lane on Yadkin Road. That's when one man in the Ford approached and pointed a gun at her. A second man from the Ford then took restaurant property from the victim.
The robbers then took off in the Ford.
The case has similarities to another robbery reported in Johnston County Sunday night where a man in a Crown Victoria took $600 out of a man's wallet.
Fayetteville police offered some tips for what to do if you're stopped by an unmarked police vehicle. They said if you're suspicious, call 911 and confirm the car is indeed law enforcement.
Anyone with information about Monday night's robbery is asked to contact the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, robbery, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help