Suspects wanted in Garner home invasion
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- Garner Police are searching for three men they believe are responsible for a Saturday morning home invasion.
Police responded to a burglary in the 300 block of Penny Street at 3:12 a.m. Victims inside the home at the time told police that suspects forced their way inside and held them at gunpoint.
One of the victims, Crystal Willis, escaped during the robbery and fled to a neighbor's house. Also in the home at the time were Jeremy Dunlap and a 9-year-old child. Dunlap was seriously injured during an assault inside the home and was treated at Wake Medical Center. The 9-year-old was uninjured.
The suspects fled the home in a white SUV.
Police have identified one suspect as 23-year-old Amarvi Vernon Thompson, of the 1500 block of N. Raleigh Boulevard. Thompson is still on the loose, but has been charged with first degree burglary and robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Police are also looking for two other suspects described as black males with dreadlocks.
A reward is being offered for information leading to his capture and information on the identities of other suspects in this crime. Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call (919) 772-8810.
wake county, robbery, local/state, steve dorsey
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help