Arrest made in fatal Durham hit-and-run
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A man wanted by police for a hit-and-run in Durham that killed a senior citizen last week has turned himself into authorities.
Investigators have charged 24-year-old Quinton Lester with one count of involuntary manslaughter and with hit and run.
Police say he was driving a car that sped through a red light on South Driver Street March 26 and hit another car. The force of the crash sent that other car into a third car, which was forced into a building.
Seventy-six year-old Weldon Williams died from his injuries after the crash.
The other driver, 66-year-old Louise Shines, remains hospitalized.
accident, durham police, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help