Sonic employees allegedly robbed at gunpoint
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville are looking for two suspects in connection with a robbery at a popular fast-food restaurant.
Shortly before midnight Monday, police got a call about the robbery at the Sonic on Skibo Road.
Employees at the fast-food chain told authorities that after they closed the eatery, two men approached them while they were walking to their cars.
They said the men had their faces covered and one of them was carrying what appeared to be a shotgun.
Police said after the suspects forced the employees on the ground, they robbed them and fled the scene by jumping over a nearby fence.
Further details about the incident have not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, robbery, local/state
- 20 children among dead in Oklahoma tornado 14 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial