Store shooting victims laid to rest
FARMVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Funeral services were held Tuesday for three victims of a convenience store robbery and triple murder in Farmville.
Twenty-six-year-old Nabil Nasser Saeed Al'mogannahi, 24-year-old Gaber Alawi, and 16-year-old Mokbel Mohamed Almujanhi all died when three gunmen burst into the Hustle Mart, located at Stantonsburg Road and N.C. Highway 121 in Farmville, around 10 p.m. Sunday evening and started shooting.
A customer came in and discovered their bodies. One of the victims died at the store. The two others died later at the hospital. The 16 year old was a student at nearby Farmville Central High School.
Al'mogannahi had just come down from New York to help out at the store because the owner was recovering from a heart condition. Alawi had also just been in town for a few days. Sixteen-year-old Almujanhi was the owner's son.
A relative tried to explain what the family is going through.
"It is very hard. It's very hard to explain. We lost three. I've never seen anything like this in my life. A father lost his only son," said cousin Tony Muhssen.
Funeral services were held at a mosque in Greenville.
Meanwhile, sheriff's detectives said they're actively following up on leads in the case and they've circulated surveillance photos of the three shooters.
The pictures show two wearing hoodies and one has what appears to be a bandana covering his face. Another man has on a blue and white striped shirt and a baseball cap.
Anyone with information that can help deputies find the killers is asked to call Pitt County Crime Stoppers at (252) 758-7777. A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
robbery, shooting, homicide, local/state, alina machado
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75