Raleigh bank robber sought
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police in Raleigh are searching for the man who robbed a bank Wednesday afternoon.
It happened at the PNC Bank branch in the 4000 block of Capital Boulevard around 12:15 p.m.
Police say the suspect handed the teller a note, implied he had a weapon, and demanded money. He then fled with the cash.
Eyewitnesses said the suspect is in his 20s or 30s. He's described as 5'7" to 5'8" tall with a slim build. He had a scruffy beard and a pierced left ear.
The suspect was wearing a dark-colored shirt, jeans, cap, and "aviator" sunglasses.
No one was injured.
Anyone who recognizes the suspect or saw him before or after the bank robbery is asked to call Raleigh Crime Stoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Major traffic delays due to NC-147 closure 28 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Durham County murder victim identified
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help