Raleigh bank robber sought
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police in Raleigh are searching for the man who robbed a bank Wednesday afternoon.
It happened at the PNC Bank branch in the 4000 block of Capital Boulevard around 12:15 p.m.
Police say the suspect handed the teller a note, implied he had a weapon, and demanded money. He then fled with the cash.
Eyewitnesses said the suspect is in his 20s or 30s. He's described as 5'7" to 5'8" tall with a slim build. He had a scruffy beard and a pierced left ear.
The suspect was wearing a dark-colored shirt, jeans, cap, and "aviator" sunglasses.
No one was injured.
Anyone who recognizes the suspect or saw him before or after the bank robbery is asked to call Raleigh Crime Stoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 5 min ago
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75