Two charged in Raleigh bank robberies
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police have arrested and charged two people in connection with two Raleigh bank robberies.
Thursday's robbery happened around 11:20 a.m at the Bank of America in the 300 block of Oberlin Road, near the Cameron Village Shopping Center and the N.C. State campus.
Wednesday's robbery happened at the PNC branch in the 400 block of Capital Boulevard.
William Shore, 29, of Clayton, has been charged with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. Police said Shore entered the banks and committed the robberies.
Bobby Shaw, 33, of Raleigh, has been charged with two counts of aiding and abetting robbery with a dangerous weapon. Police said Shaw drove a vehicle that transported Shore from the robbery scenes.
Shore was taken into custody Thursday afternoon at a New Bern Avenue motel. Shaw was taken into custody in Wendell.
Police said a Crime Stoppers tip was instrumental in identifying Shore as a suspect.
Both men will face a judge on Monday.
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas 5 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Split NC education board OKs new testing levels 59 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help