Hit-and-run shuts down Beltline exit
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A hit-and-run involving a tractor trailer shut down an exit on the Raleigh Beltline Friday evening.
Raleigh Police believe the truck struck a power pole near the Western Boulevard exit of I-440 westbound before 5 p.m and drove off.
The pole broke and lines fell across the highway. This forced crews to shut down the ramp and make repairs to the pole.
The ramp was closed for most of the evening.
Police have not found the vehicle that caused the accident.
wake county, i440, local/state
- 20 children among dead in Okla. tornado 20 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties 36 min ago
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect 57 min ago
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh 27 min ago
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Video: Blood drive held to honor injured trooper
- Frightening moments for local family with...
33 min ago
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest...
31 min ago