Students, parents rally to support coach
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- There's growing support for a Johnston County high school coach charged with taking indecent liberties with a 16-year-old girl.
More than 100 people met Friday at park in Clayton to fight the allegations against James McNamara, who is also known as "Coach Mac."
The parents and the young men McNamara coached at Corinth Holders High School said they are frustrated by the way the Johnston County School Board and sheriff's office has handled the case.
McNamara's mother, who is employed by the school system, made a passionate plea.
"Those who know the accuser, I implore you to seek the truth from her," said Diane McNamara. "I pray for her because I feel she has no insight into the long-term effects of her actions for my son or even her."
McNamara is out of jail on bond and suspended from teaching and coaching.
He is due back in court on April 12. His supporters plan to be in the courtroom.
johnston county, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help