Two men charged with attempted murder, robbery
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham Police have arrested two men and charged them with attempted murder and robbery in connection with two incidents this week in northern Durham.
John Henry Bailey Jr., 37, of Emily Street and Barry Lamonte Bradley, 36, of Chambers Road in Rougemont face several felony charges.
According to police, the two men approached a man in the 400 block of Old Oxford Highway on Tuesday around 3 a.m. The suspects were armed with knives and demanded money. After a struggle with the victim, the suspects fled with cash and other items.
Bailey and Bradley were both charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery and second-degree kidnapping in connection with this incident.
The second incident happened Wednesday around 3 a.m. in the 3600 block of Danube Lane. Officers found a 19-year-old male lying in the road. Officers said the man was barely conscious and his body was covered in blood after an apparent stabbing. Investigators also said the man was beaten with a tree stump and robbed.
The victim was taken to Duke University Hospital and treated for serious injuries.
Bailey and Bradley were both charged with attempted murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery and second-degree kidnapping in connection with this case.
Bailey is being held under a $1.3 million bond, while Bradley was placed in jail under a $1.35 million bond.
durham county, stabbing, robbery, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 3 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Magnitude-4.5 earthquake rattles central Oklahoma
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors 45 min ago
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help