Fire at coast destroys homes
OUTER BANKS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two homes were destroyed and a third heavily damaged by a fire in the Pine Island area of Corolla in Currituck County.
The Outer Banks Voice reported the fire was made worse by the wind.
There were no reports of injuries.
The houses were at the end of Hicks Bay Lane on a cul-de-sac near the Pine Island airport.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill 32 min ago
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions 4 min ago
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos