Fire at coast destroys homes
OUTER BANKS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two homes were destroyed and a third heavily damaged by a fire in the Pine Island area of Corolla in Currituck County.
The Outer Banks Voice reported the fire was made worse by the wind.
There were no reports of injuries.
The houses were at the end of Hicks Bay Lane on a cul-de-sac near the Pine Island airport.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16? 15 min ago
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- Michael Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge