Moore County man crushed by tree
ROBBINS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Moore County man died Monday morning after being crushed by a fallen tree.
The accident happened at around 10:30 a.m. near Garner Britt Road in Robbins when 58-year-old Robert Hussey and his brother were cutting down trees.
When emergency officials arrived, they found Hussey face down on the ground beneath a large, fallen tree.
Hussey was pronounced dead at the scene.
His brother said they had been cutting trees for a family member when the accident happened.
moore county, local/state
- Dozens march in vigil for Jesus Huerta 18 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 28 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help