Vehicle fire ties up I-40 traffic
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A fire on the side of Interstate 40 tied up traffic Monday evening near the Clayton Bypass.
A woman was hauling around 100 bales of hay when fire officials said someone threw a cigarette out of the window of a passing vehicle.
The woman managed to unhitch her truck from the trailer carrying the hay.
Fortunately, no one was injured.
wake county, i40, local/state
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash 47 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos