Duck smashes school bus windshield
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A duck smashed through the windshield of a Cumberland County school bus Tuesday morning as it was on its way to deliver students to Elizabeth Cashwell Elementary School.
It happened about 7:30 a.m. on Wilmington Highway just past Arnette Park.
The bird knocked a hole through the reinforced glass and hit the bus driver in the chest.
Amazingly, the duck survived and was taken away by a N.C. Wildlife Resources officer.
The bus driver suffered some scratches. None of the 10 students on the bus were hurt.
cumberland county, local/state
- At least 51 dead, 120 hurt in Okla. tornado 27 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Video: Blood drive held to honor injured trooper
- Broyhill indicted in Hahn murder
- Contractor accused by homeowners
- Video: ABC11, food bank work to 'Stop Summer Hunger'
- Cooper wants to keep control of SBI
- Criminal trial set to begin for Ex-NC Rep. LaRoque