Man allegedly struggled with firefighters
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A man was arrested by Fayetteville police Tuesday night after firefighters said he got in the way of them doing their job.
The Fayetteville Fire Department was called to a blaze in a duplex in the 2300 block of Emily Street around 9 p.m.
Firefighters said as they stretched water hoses to battle the flames, an occupant of the home attempted to fight the fire himself and physically struggled with them.
Firefighters restrained the man - who was not identified - until police officers arrived.
The blaze was contained to a kitchen area. Investigators said it was caused by unattended cooking.
cumberland county, fire, local/state
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank 38 min ago
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos