Man allegedly shoots brothers following robbery
HARNETT COUNTY (WTVD) -- Investigators say two brothers who allegedly robbed a man Wednesday, ended up becoming victims themselves.
Around 2:30 p.m. Ryan, 22, and Cody, 20, Rochelle called 911 for help after they were shot along US Highway 421 near Sanford in Harnett County.
Authorities with the Harnett County Sheriff's Office soon learned that the brothers were suspects in an earlier armed robbery at a convenient store in Lillington.
According to officials, Ryan and Cody Rochelle left the store following the robbery and were chased by their victim. The brothers' car was forced off the road, and the alleged victim -- Kevin Brown -- got out of his car and shot into the brothers' car.
Ryan and Cody Rochelle were injured in the shooting and taken to the hospital, where they were released a short time later.
Authorities stopped Brown, 23, not far from the scene, and were able to recover the weapon allegedly used in the shooting.
Witnesses and the suspects later admitted to officials that the robbery was set up as a narcotics deal. Reportedly, $60 was stolen.
Ryan and Cody Rochelle have been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit armed robbery. Both were placed in the Harnett County Detention Center under $75,000.00 bond.
Brown has been charged with two counts of assault with deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and one count of shooting into occupied vehicle. Brown is in the Harnett County Jail under $100,000 bond.
harnett county, shooting, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach 19 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station 51 min ago
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- Local woman helps Obamacare efforts
13 min ago
- Raleigh family gets new home for holidays
3 min ago
- Target investigating credit card breach
14 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help