Additional arrest made in triple homicide
PITT COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Pitt County have made a fifth arrest in connection with a triple murder at a Farmville convenience store earlier this month.
Investigators said 27-year-old Zipporah Purvis tried to help the suspects evade arrest. She is being held in the Pitt County jail under a $3 million bond.
"In any investigation, if you conceal information about the crime, or you help the suspect in any way allude arrest, then you are an active participate," said Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks.
Monday, Antwan Anthony, Xavier Shamble, and Willie Whitehead were all indicted on three counts of murder, kidnapping, and robbery for the homicides.
Nabil Almoganahi, David Alawi, and Sam Almoganahi were shot and killed April 1 at the Hustle Mart during a robbery. All were related.
A juvenile was also arrested but investigators are not releasing information about him because of his age.
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Car accident killed girls missing since 1971
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants 33 min ago
- Putin urges end to blockade of Trans-Dniester
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Family of Fayetteville Navy Yard shooting victim files suit
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Amanda Hayes faces new charges in Texas