Additional arrest made in triple homicide
PITT COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Pitt County have made a fifth arrest in connection with a triple murder at a Farmville convenience store earlier this month.
Investigators said 27-year-old Zipporah Purvis tried to help the suspects evade arrest. She is being held in the Pitt County jail under a $3 million bond.
"In any investigation, if you conceal information about the crime, or you help the suspect in any way allude arrest, then you are an active participate," said Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks.
Monday, Antwan Anthony, Xavier Shamble, and Willie Whitehead were all indicted on three counts of murder, kidnapping, and robbery for the homicides.
Nabil Almoganahi, David Alawi, and Sam Almoganahi were shot and killed April 1 at the Hustle Mart during a robbery. All were related.
A juvenile was also arrested but investigators are not releasing information about him because of his age.
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help