Additional arrest made in triple homicide
PITT COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Pitt County have made a fifth arrest in connection with a triple murder at a Farmville convenience store earlier this month.
Investigators said 27-year-old Zipporah Purvis tried to help the suspects evade arrest. She is being held in the Pitt County jail under a $3 million bond.
"In any investigation, if you conceal information about the crime, or you help the suspect in any way allude arrest, then you are an active participate," said Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks.
Monday, Antwan Anthony, Xavier Shamble, and Willie Whitehead were all indicted on three counts of murder, kidnapping, and robbery for the homicides.
Nabil Almoganahi, David Alawi, and Sam Almoganahi were shot and killed April 1 at the Hustle Mart during a robbery. All were related.
A juvenile was also arrested but investigators are not releasing information about him because of his age.
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle 37 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress 47 min ago
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial 25 min ago
- Police recover stolen storm grates 38 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 16 min ago
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 33 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- McCrory cites jobless rate, tax overhaul in video
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during...
2 min ago
- Money Saver: Gift cards
4 min ago
- Santa comes early for Rocky Mount twins on...
15 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help