Two Fort Bragg soldiers killed in combat
FORT BRAGG (WTVD) -- Two Fort Bragg soldiers have been killed while fighting in Afghanistan.
The military said 1st Lt. Jonathan Walsh, of Kennesaw, Ga. and Pfc. Michael Metcalf, of Boynton Beach, Fla., died Sunday in the southern Ghazni Province.
The military said they were killed when their vehicle was hit by an improvised explosive device.
Both were assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team.
fort bragg, local/state
- Search under way for missing swimmer in Hope Mills 48 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 55 min ago
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- Search under way for missing swimmer in...
51 min ago
- Controversy after Wake Schools announces...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos