FBI: Serial robber hit Raleigh Bank
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The FBI said Monday that a man suspected in four other bank robberies across North Carolina is its suspect in a holdup at a bank in Raleigh last Thursday.
Investigators released a surveillance picture taken at the PNC Bank on Wycliff Road in Raleigh April 26 that they said appears to be 60-year-old Clyde Allen Nixon.
The FBI said Nixon is also a suspect in robberies at:
- Wells Fargo - 900 Smokey Park Highway, Asheville, NC on February 9.
- RBC Centura - 1007 Smokey Park Highway, Buncombe County, NC on February 24.
- First Citizens Bank - 1375 Patton Avenue, Asheville, NC on March 20.
- First Bank - 6 Dogwood Road, Candler, NC on March 30.
Investigators said Nixon was believed to have a female companion waiting outside the bank in the most recent robbery in Raleigh. She is described as a white female, possibly in her mid-30s, with long dark brown or black hair.
The FBI said Nixon should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call 911 right away or contact Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP, or the Charlotte Division of the FBI at (704) 672-6100.
bank robbery, wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos