FBI: Serial robber hit Raleigh Bank
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The FBI said Monday that a man suspected in four other bank robberies across North Carolina is its suspect in a holdup at a bank in Raleigh last Thursday.
Investigators released a surveillance picture taken at the PNC Bank on Wycliff Road in Raleigh April 26 that they said appears to be 60-year-old Clyde Allen Nixon.
The FBI said Nixon is also a suspect in robberies at:
- Wells Fargo - 900 Smokey Park Highway, Asheville, NC on February 9.
- RBC Centura - 1007 Smokey Park Highway, Buncombe County, NC on February 24.
- First Citizens Bank - 1375 Patton Avenue, Asheville, NC on March 20.
- First Bank - 6 Dogwood Road, Candler, NC on March 30.
Investigators said Nixon was believed to have a female companion waiting outside the bank in the most recent robbery in Raleigh. She is described as a white female, possibly in her mid-30s, with long dark brown or black hair.
The FBI said Nixon should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call 911 right away or contact Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP, or the Charlotte Division of the FBI at (704) 672-6100.
bank robbery, wake county, local/state
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary
- Driver killed after car collides with school bus
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- NC House Finance Chairman resigns, blames Tillis