Amber Alert baby found
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities in Pitt County confirmed Monday evening that the 6-day-old child who was the subject of an Amber Alert has been found.
Kayden Chavis was believed to be with his biological mother - Jessica Chavis - who allegedly took the baby from a relative's house.
Authorities said the infant was found safe with relatives. Jessica Chavis was charged with misdemeanor child abuse, but investigators said they planned to meet with the district attorney and more charges were possible.
amber alert, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 35 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River