Suspect in fatal stabbing in custody
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A man wanted in connection with a fatal stabbing in Fayetteville is now behind bars.
Police said 20-year-old Givonno Carter turned himself in to authorities Wednesday. He was charged with first-degree murder in connection with the stabbing death of 23-year-old Joshua Charles Walker.
Police said Walker was stabbed Tuesday afternoon outside a home in the 1200 block of Southwood Drive.
Walker was taken to Cape Fear Valley Hospital in a private vehicle and he was later pronounced dead.
Carter is currently being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center.
cumberland county, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties 10 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials