New search planned for missing soldier
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Another public search is planned for a missing Fort Bragg soldier. Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux has been missing for nearly three weeks.
Bordeaux was last seen leaving the Froggy Bottoms bar on Ramsey Street with an acquaintance early in the morning of April 14.
Mindy Wilson wanted to help Bordeaux's family keep hope alive. She started a Facebook page called "Find Kelli Bordeaux - Missing Fort Bragg Soldier." She is also organizing a search for the missing soldier.
"She could be my little sister," said Wilson. "She is someone's sister and we just need to find her. This Saturday we are going to search for her and, if nothing comes up, I plan to continue every Saturday until we bring Kelli Home."
Police organized several searches for Bordeaux around the north Fayetteville area. So far, they have turned up no evidence of her whereabouts. Police are now following up on other leads and tips.
Bordeaux's mother and other family members have gone home, but not given up hope
"We are feeling a little down," said Bordeaux's mother Johnna Henson. "This has taken longer than we thought. You know, we thought we would have her back by now but I think she will be found. I do."
"The community is not going to give up," said Wilson. "We are not going to give up. We are not going to let this go. We want to know where Kelli is. We are not going to stop till we find her."
Briefing for Saturday's search will start at 9 a.m. at Pine Forest Middle School on Ramsey Street.
For more information about the search and about a vigil on Friday, May 11, visit Facebook.
cumberland county, kelli bordeaux, local/state, greg barnes
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- High School coach arrested on sex charge 27 min ago
- Two cleared, others charged in murder 50 min ago
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest count yet
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Oklahoma death toll revised to 24 dead
22 min ago
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
25 min ago
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
27 min ago