New search planned for missing soldier
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Another public search is planned for a missing Fort Bragg soldier. Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux has been missing for nearly three weeks.
Bordeaux was last seen leaving the Froggy Bottoms bar on Ramsey Street with an acquaintance early in the morning of April 14.
Mindy Wilson wanted to help Bordeaux's family keep hope alive. She started a Facebook page called "Find Kelli Bordeaux - Missing Fort Bragg Soldier." She is also organizing a search for the missing soldier.
"She could be my little sister," said Wilson. "She is someone's sister and we just need to find her. This Saturday we are going to search for her and, if nothing comes up, I plan to continue every Saturday until we bring Kelli Home."
Police organized several searches for Bordeaux around the north Fayetteville area. So far, they have turned up no evidence of her whereabouts. Police are now following up on other leads and tips.
Bordeaux's mother and other family members have gone home, but not given up hope
"We are feeling a little down," said Bordeaux's mother Johnna Henson. "This has taken longer than we thought. You know, we thought we would have her back by now but I think she will be found. I do."
"The community is not going to give up," said Wilson. "We are not going to give up. We are not going to let this go. We want to know where Kelli is. We are not going to stop till we find her."
Briefing for Saturday's search will start at 9 a.m. at Pine Forest Middle School on Ramsey Street.
For more information about the search and about a vigil on Friday, May 11, visit Facebook.
cumberland county, kelli bordeaux, local/state, greg barnes
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash