Authorities break down Inn door during search
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Authorities in Durham broke down a door at a local inn Thursday morning during a search for a suspect wanted in an alleged domestic dispute.
Officers surrounded the Carolina Duke Inn on Guess Road around 10 a.m.
Images from Chopper11 HD showed several officers, along with SWAT team members, outside rooms in the motel's parking lot, as residents stood by and watched in shock.
Around 10:30 a.m., the SWAT team moved in and rammed the door of one of the end units. A man, later identified as 51-year-old Randy Brantley, emerged from the room, wearing only red boxers and white socks, with his hands up. He was immediately arrested.
"The door is off the hinges," witness Brian Wilson said. "They busted all the windows out of his van."
According to officials, Brantley was wanted for allegedly physically abusing his girlfriend Wednesday night. They said her injuries were not life-threatening, but she had to be treated at the hospital.
Brantley was charged with assault on a female, assault by strangulation and kidnapping. He was placed in Durham County Jail without bond.
durham county, local/state
- Help hungry families through the holidays 21 min ago
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- World leaders bow, pray at Mandela's casket
- Air travelers caught in winter storm
- Video shows encounter that led to inmate's death
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Last day of Heart of Carolina Food Drive
20 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help