Soldier charged with gun theft
SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Cumberland County deputies said Monday they've charged a Fort Bragg soldier with the theft of more than a dozen weapons.
A spokesperson for the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said 28-year-old William David Devane of Ardennes Road, Fort Bragg allegedly broke out a glass front door of Gun Plus at 1503 North Bragg Boulevard in Spring Lake and forced open a metal roll-up door to get inside.
Devane is accused of taking nine semi-automatic rifles, seven semi-automatic handguns, ammunition, gun sights and several weapon magazines.
The property was valued at more than $68,000.
Devane was captured shortly after the burglary when he was found hiding on top of a nearby panel van.
Bond was set at $50,000.
Military officials said Devane's rank is specialist with the 407th Brigade Support Battalion, 82nd Airborne Division. He is a heavy vehicle operator.
cumberland county, fort bragg, local/state
- Authorities investigating fatal shooting 1 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help